Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a RME of a company but have a new business I started that needs a qualifier.

Can I be the RMO of my new corporation while maintaining RME and license at the other?

Put another way,
Will my license be jeopardized if I become RMO of this new company?

Thanks for your help!
:thumbup:
Davis

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
If you are in California, the answer is no. You can be an RME for a firm, but that's it.

If you are an RMO, the you must own a minimum of 20% of that firm in order to keep your original license, and still qualify your RMO firm for a license.

Once your are an RME you are pretty well screwed as far as licensing yourself or another firm. If you want to keep doing your own thing or be an RMO for someone else too.....then you need to be the 20% ownership RMO.

I have in the past been an RME and I will never, ever do that again. I have two of my own firms and I am the RMO for another, but I also own 20% of that "other" firm.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great thanks cwatbay.

That was really helpful.

I own 20% of my new company, so if I'm understanding you correctly, I can move forward in registering as RMO of the new company and still maintain my RME status at the other firm.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Great thanks cwatbay.

That was really helpful.

I own 20% of my new company, so if I'm understanding you correctly, I can move forward in registering as RMO of the new company and still maintain my RME status at the other firm.

Thanks again.
If you are using the same classification of license. .The answer is no. .you can't be a c10.. or. .c7..RME at more than one place. .Once you are an RME at one place. .that's it..no RMO or RME any other place...I would suggest you contact the license guru on this site for more information. ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts