Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should have posted this yesterday, but forgot. I watched the tonight show do a tribute for him last night and I wasnt old enough to experience Johnny host the show, but he was funny. I am a Conan O'Brian fan but I can truly say Johnny Carson is a legend and you can see some of his comedy in Jay Leno and Conan O'Brian.

RIP Johnny Carson, you will be missed.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Pond, I think that you're wrong this time.
I'm old enough to remember most of his career and have some of it on tape, I used to timeshift once VCR's became affordable. He was definitely one of a kind.
If you know what to look for you will see that he influenced an entire generation of comedians and talkshow hosts.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Teetor,

Wrong????????? Not sure what your saying???????

Close your eyes, and think back.........listen, and remember the setting.........

What do you see Johhny saying right before going to commercial......???

God he was great !!!

·
Banned
3,292 Posts
When I was a kid I liked when he had animals on the show. That was great. RIP

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
I really admired the guy for how he retired and stayed retired. You hear all the time that his fellow Hollywood peers always thought that even though he said he was done, that he really wasn't and that he would surface again as a producer or on another talk show or a production company or something. As the years went by people slowly realized that when he said he was done, he was done, he actually freaken meant what he said. So many people retire and then try to come back only to realize the magic is gone, Johnny was one of those rare guys who when he said enough was enough he meant it, even though everybody else wouldn't take him at his word and kept giving him the wink and the "you will be back" comments. He meant it and closed that chapter of his life and spent the rest of his time on this earth enjoying himself, he was a rare guy who could find peace and satisfaction in his life outside what everybody else thought you could never walk away from.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Pond, I don't think that he'll 'be right back.....' this time.

·
Deck Designer/Builder
2,430 Posts
It wasn't too difficult for Johnny to stay "retired" - he made 30 mil. a year for the last 5-10 yrs. he was on TV! I'm not putting him or your statement down Mike, I'm just jealous, is all :D

He helped so many comedians kick-start their careers and from what I understand was very generous when it came to charities, etc.

My biggest admiration for him lies in the fact he survived so many ex-wives and still had millions when he entered into a well-deserved retirement. I know my ex-wife would have done her best to ruin him financially - Johnny wouldn't have known what hit him - LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts