Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Building a new house and we have installed 3 Rinnai heaters, two are working just fine but the 3rd cycles on and off for short periods of time....never bringing the water temperature above luke warm.

My plumber thinks low water flow at the kitchen faucet is the culprit, I say we have the same water flow at other areas without issue. I tried the kitchen faucet with the dishwasher and it's no change.
He is now suggesting an undercounter water heater of a 2 gallon capacity which makes no sense to me since no hot water will replenish what's used?

Is there a coding problem or start up issue he, and I are missing? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
55 Posts
Try taking the airerator off if there is **** in it it will reduce flow, also make sure if there are stops on the hot line that they are in the full open position.and no kinks in the supply lines .. Just a thought

·
Registered
55 Posts
Serviceplumber said:
Try taking the airerator off if there is **** in it it will reduce flow, also make sure if there are stops on the hot line that they are in the full open position.and no kinks in the supply lines .. Just a thought
Also of course check the filter on the tankless

·
Registered
5 Posts
The best tip I have ever received about working on any tankless water heater is... "Find the number to the technical support for that heater and call them." They know more than me and, getting the issue on record with the manufacturer could help with any long term issues the unit may be having... ALWAYS LOG THE ISSUE WITH THEM!

You should probably have your plumber come back and do it as a couple of tools will be required for the tech support to help diagnose the issue. Namely a manometer and a volt/ohm meter.

Rannai = 1-800-621-9419

www.ProfessorPlumbTx.com

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello.
Another thing you have to consider is if there is enough gas flow since you have 3 units. This units have to have adequate gas since they are I think about 199,000 btus. could be alot of things but I suggest you troubleshoot first before spending on a undercounter waterheater. Just my thought.
Best of luck to you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts