Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you all the member for making this forum so informative.

I recently bought a house in San Jose CA which is very expensive so basically put everything I had to get the property. The agent told me that the issues in the inspection reports are very minor but while reading online and going through videos, one of the issues does not seem minor. The house is ours so I cannot do anything about it except becoming aware of it. So basically the inspection report says the top of the rim joist is slightly outwards. I am attaching the picture. Could any of the experienced folks here please tell me their opinion on this? I have not moved in and the seller is still there so I cannot take any better pictures. I am more interested in knowing the seriousness and timeline and the cost to fix it.

Font Asphalt Line Terrestrial plant Rectangle

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
6,626 Posts
This is a pros only site, so I doubt the Mods will allow it to continue

There is a sister site for diy questions though.

diychatroom.com

·
Registered
Remodel
31,658 Posts
Before we get too far, questions from homeowners who aren't contractors should be posted in our sister site, diychatroom.com.

On to the advice. The wild card here is why are they tilted? Has the foundation walls moved in, walls moved out, what's driving this? Is this a seismic retrofit?

You're going to need a structural guy to figure it out. Unless it's something like an attempt at a seismic retrofit, any of the other issues will be expensive to fix.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
56,805 Posts
Thanks for posting on ContractorTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer that you post Homeowner and/or Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ContractorTalk.com is designed for professional contractors to discuss issues and topics related to the construction and remodeling industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to Register

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.