Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to purchase a multi tool and for budget purposes I've narrowed it down to either the Home depot Ryobi +1 or rigid max---which is the better value.

·
Administrator
44,115 Posts

·
Nail Driving Fool
554 Posts
I have the Dremel version. I think I paid $79.00. Its decent and the blades are MUCH cheaper than Fein. If I had to do it over I would probably buy DeWalt's version I like the tool free blade change feature.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I literally just burnt out my rigid job max on Monday.

It lasted two years. Probably had at least 250-300 hours on it. Not bad but it wasn't powerful and louder than others.

Replaced it with a Bosch last night and the thing hummed along all day today. It's my new favorite tool now.

I would had bought a fein if the store had one...

·
GC/carpenter
40,516 Posts
I have the Makita, I wish I would of gotten a different one that has a tool less blade change. But I think the Makita was only 179 bucks.

·
Hair Splitter
18,322 Posts

·
Registered
11,182 Posts
I have the Makita, I wish I would of gotten a different one that has a tool less blade change. But I think the Makita was only 179 bucks.
I saw the power range on the Makita outperformed the Fein. Its a shame its not a toll less change.

I didnt notice that, when I glanced at it I thought if my Fein went it would be worth consideration.

To the OP I would say the Rigid.

·
GC/carpenter
40,516 Posts
That's a great buy! It's actually a great tool as far a cutting goes. Fortunately I don't use it enough that the tool less blade change makes a huge difference but it still would be nice.

·
Home Repairs
291 Posts
I have been beating on my Porter Cable multi tool for a couple years and it runs as good as the day I bought it. The carry case sucks though........ there is hardly any room to wrap the cord.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
That's a great buy! It's actually a great tool as far a cutting goes. Fortunately I don't use it enough that the tool less blade change makes a huge difference but it still would be nice.
Tool-less blade change is a must.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts