Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine just picked one of these up for me. Its the one most of you have probly seen in the HD. Its 9 gallon, like a 5hp Honda motor.

Well this one was refurbished, it was returned and looks new. Had her out for 600 bones so he grabbed it. I was looking at them earlier so thats why he picked it up. New they go for 770 so it was a bargain and you know you can't beat those Honda motors.

My question is, when pumped up is the pump suppose to kick down? The motor kicks down like it is suppose to but the pump runs one speed. I was curious if anyone else had one and if their's ran the same way. That vent on the pump sure barks pretty loud to. A buddy of mine has an addition and garage to frame here shortly so we'll try it out and see if it works well, if not its going back!:furious:

I gotta say though ridgid does back up there stuff pretty well.
Thanks everyone for your imput

~Matt

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
A buddy of mine has one. When the pressure reaches max build in the tanks, the engine kicks down but the pump intake sounds like it's getting ready to take a dump. Really noisy and annoying. As for the reconditioned tools, they will normally come down about 15% or more from the tagged price if you ask to talk to the manager.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts