Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Ridgid toolbox sale

26K views 56 replies 23 participants last post by  SamM 
#1 ·
Special buy. HD has ridgid rolling tool box package (3 boxes) for $98.

#2 ·
Is this online only? I saw it last night online and it says online only and out of stock online. I was at the depot yesterday also and didn't see any there. I bought another medium sized box while I was there. Would love to pick up a couple of the combo boxes for 98 bucks. Really like these things.:thumbsup:

#9 ·
My wife just bought this for me as an early Father's day gift. I told her I now have an excuse to buy more tools! :laughing:

Heck of a deal. I had the small one already that I use as a case for my cordless hammer drill, impact and bits. Much better than the cases and bags that come with the tools.

#32 ·
Do you guys lock these boxes? If so what locks are you using? I'm not so worried about theft as much as other people just going in my boxes and grabbing what they want and misusing the tool or leaving it lay somewhere. More of a piece of mind thing I guess. I leave my tools on the site some of the time, especially on bigger jobs. So it's nice to be able to just lock them up and know my tools won't be touched. For example the job I'm on right now the owner asked to borrow a taping knife. Next day I couldn't find it and he couldn't remember where he left it. So I go buy a brand new one for me to use. The owner's brother comes out to do some cleaning and he just grabbed my new knife and used it as a floor scrapper on cement. Really pissed me off and I asked them to not touch my stuff anymore without asking. So I like to keep my stuff secure when I'm not around it.

#33 · (Edited)
Do you guys lock these boxes? If so what locks are you using? I'm not so worried about theft as much as other people just going in my boxes and grabbing what they want and misusing the tool or leaving it lay somewhere. More of a piece of mind thing I guess. I leave my tools on the site some of the time, especially on bigger jobs. So it's nice to be able to just lock them up and know my tools won't be touched. For example the job I'm on right now the owner asked to borrow a taping knife. Next day I couldn't find it and he couldn't remember where he left it. So I go buy a brand new one for me to use. The owner's brother comes out to do some cleaning and he just grabbed my new knife and used it as a floor scrapper on cement. Really pissed me off and I asked them to not touch my stuff anymore without asking. So I like to keep my stuff secure when I'm not around it.
You got my blood pressure up reading that. New blade as floor scraper? I'd stop and show him the edge and tell him he just bought it...plus my gas and time to replace it.

(Well, I would be thinking that way......)

Last year I brought some new tarps to a job and the lady decided to use one at night for her own paint project. It's been a year and the black paint all over it still gets on my nerves.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.