Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the ridgid 18v x4 line but want to upgrade to dewalt 20v max xr. I have no problems what so ever with ridgid, but its dewalt always loved dewalt. The one thing is that ridgid tools get hot after awhile. Dewalt tools seem a little smaller too. Also the 18v x4 sawzall does not last that long on a 3.0 battery.

·
Love me some Concrete
1,834 Posts
I have Dewalt 20v along with 18v and will swear by them. I have done a lot of upgrading to 20v this last year and couldn't be more pleased. Love the brushless tools

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
No problems with the 18v dewalt and the 20v dewalt. I have had better luck with them than the Makita batteries.
I'm sure someone will have the opposite story though.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I've been using the 20v and 12 v for the past few years. No real problems to speak of. My chuck in the impact is starting to act up, but it's taken a few tumbles off the ladder.

Get some 3 ah batteries if you plan on using them a lot throughout the day.

·
Registered
943 Posts
aaron_a said:
I've been using the 20v and 12 v for the past few years. No real problems to speak of. My chuck in the impact is starting to act up, but it's taken a few tumbles off the ladder. Get some 3 ah batteries if you plan on using them a lot throughout the day.
Heck, get the 4.0ahs! Cordless sawzalls drain batteries fast

1 - 5 of 5 Posts