Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This should be part of the things I hate thread. I was talking on the phone, loading the truck, locking up the shop and getting the evil eye from my GF. I left my 1" bulldog on the side of the bed and drove away. Someone was presently surprised with the find I am sure.

So I am in the market and see there is this 1 1/8" model out. Any reviews? I never flung the old one lacking for power but this one has an 8amp motor vs 7.5amp. How about the vibration reduction? That is what interests me if it works.

cheers, Jim

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
This should be part of the things I hate thread. I was talking on the phone, loading the truck, locking up the shop and getting the evil eye from my GF. I left my 1" bulldog on the side of the bed and drove away. Someone was presently surprised with the find I am sure.

So I am in the market and see there is this 1 1/8" model out. Any reviews? I never flung the old one lacking for power but this one has an 8amp motor vs 7.5amp. How about the vibration reduction? That is what interests me if it works.

cheers, Jim
The $64000 question is what size do you drill most often? The larger drill has less BPM and RPM, turns slower and hits harder, better for bigger holes worse for smaller holes.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Inner
I had not thought of it that way. The majority of the holes I drill are for Tapcons, 3/8dropin's or 1/2"Drop ins. I have a Bosch SDS Max I cant recall which model I think its the 14amp motor one. It is more than I need for big things.
I also have a TE-2 that I picked up for $99 when HomoDepo was clearing Hilti out. It hangs out at the house and I hardly use it becuase I like the D-Handle on the bulldog.
So I guess the 7/8" or 1" would be logical choice here but from what I read the 1 1/8" model is the only one that has the vibration reduction. on those days when I am drilling anchors all day I would apreciate that a lot.
Anyone have hands on comparison of this vibration reduction?

Jim

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Thanks Inner
I had not thought of it that way. The majority of the holes I drill are for Tapcons, 3/8dropin's or 1/2"Drop ins. I have a Bosch SDS Max I cant recall which model I think its the 14amp motor one. It is more than I need for big things.
I also have a TE-2 that I picked up for $99 when HomoDepo was clearing Hilti out. It hangs out at the house and I hardly use it becuase I like the D-Handle on the bulldog.
So I guess the 7/8" or 1" would be logical choice here but from what I read the 1 1/8" model is the only one that has the vibration reduction. on those days when I am drilling anchors all day I would apreciate that a lot.
Anyone have hands on comparison of this vibration reduction?

Jim
The vibration reducing thing I can't help ya with, I do like the long body style of the bulldog over the hilti, especially with chipping...but my hilti fits perfectly in a systainer. I also have the smallest bosch SDS and it works a treat for 3/16-1/4" tapcons. If you rarely drill larger than 1/2 I'd go with the smaller drill.

Does the vibration from the little sds bother you that much?

·
Registered
2 Posts
maninthesea said:
This should be part of the things I hate thread. I was talking on the phone, loading the truck, locking up the shop and getting the evil eye from my GF. I left my 1" bulldog on the side of the bed and drove away. Someone was presently surprised with the find I am sure. So I am in the market and see there is this 1 1/8" model out. Any reviews? I never flung the old one lacking for power but this one has an 8amp motor vs 7.5amp. How about the vibration reduction? That is what interests me if it works. cheers, Jim
Picked up the 1 1/8" about a month ago. Haven't gotten a ton of use behind but did notice it was a lot smoother than a previous VSR something bulldog I had used. The vibration reduction is definitely doing something. Hoping to put it to work a little more soon but first impression is I'm happy with it, my $.02.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
inner your probably right about the 7/8 being just fine. I have noticed some stiffness when drilling a LOT(me drilling with helper filling). I figure the less I punish my joints now the longer they will last. I think I am going for the vibration reduction based on Matt's review.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also just noticed that the TE2 does not have a hammer only function. Another reason I prefer the Bulldog.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts