Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm about to undertake a renovation in Barcelona, Spain and was wondering if anyone had anyone had experience working in Spain. The property I am doing is a two storey house with 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms a kitchen and living room and a couple of outside spotlights and would like to know a rough estimate on a total 'basic' rewire with pendant lighting (not spotlights) and an average ammount of sockets. It's not a large house, approximately 170m2 living space in total. Also a seperate cost for air conditioning and electric heating, all including materials, and if possible the cost in Euros. And would electic heating be preferencial to water heating. I hear the cost of electic heating can be quite expensive. I'm looking for a price with the most basic fixtures as this has to be done on quite a low budget.

P.S. Use full information would be grateful.

kind regards, Roo

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
total 'basic' rewire
Basic aboot tree-fiddy

High Milage aboot four-fiddy

Synthetic aboot five-fiddy

Thats about as close as I can get with the information provided.

·
Sean
5,533 Posts
Basic aboot tree-fiddy

High Milage aboot four-fiddy

Synthetic aboot five-fiddy

Thats about as close as I can get with the information provided.
He wanted it in Euros :laughing:

tree fiddy = too fiddy

Basically 1 dollar = .7 euros

No one can tell you what to charge to make money even if we live in the same city, much less on a different continent

The basics are the same though - Business section - pricing thread

·
ampman
783 Posts
damn has work here in the U.S. gotten that bad we have to go overseas

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bert0168 when did you see my work i've never posted any, i'm now working in France and then Spain and thought some of you may have some experience out here. Anyway why would most of my posts be on the brickie forum, I do it for living. I'm not looking to do the work myself, I just don't want to get ripped off. Anyway are you stalking me Bert0168, can you get restraining orders on forums.

·
Money Changer
804 Posts
Bert0168 when did you see my work i've never posted any
I didn't say I saw your work, only I saw you were asking about work unrelated to masonry.

Anyway why would most of my posts be on the brickie forum, I do it for living.
Hence my reference to you being a brickie .

I'm not looking to do the work myself, I just don't want to get ripped off.
So are you a bricklayer or a GC? Sounds to me you need to do what most other property owners do who don't want to get ripped off on work, hire a reputable GC.

Anyway are you stalking me Bert0168, can you get restraining orders on forums.
:blink: Don't worry, no plans to go overseas now.

And with 44 posts, why haven't you seen this yet?

http://www.contractortalk.com/f11/how-about-multiple-choice-test-newbs-62492/

·
Registered
563 Posts
BTW Bert...

roo has another post in the plumbing forum related to the same job. You should stalk him there as well.

Oh wait....does that make me a stalker now?? :shutup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts