Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,610 Posts
Couple typos. In About Us, it says Costume Home.

You in the Prism Awards this year? My dad and I will be up there to judge. Im the sitting president of Hill Country Builders Association up here in the Highland Lakes. Always a fun trip to Houston.

Reactions: HenryJ

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Numerous spelling, grammar, and vocabulary errors - "Making sure the customer is contempt with the end result." The name is capitalized in some places, not in others, etc., etc., etc. 25 cents says the text was written by someone whose first language is Mandarin.

Costume Homes, etc. It needs to be proofread.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Not real bad....

but seems a little busy & brash.
It's an interesting point, actually. Though the text says "No project too small" your portfolio is of some super-slick spaces, including some that appear in some on-line magazine about $15-million homes. If I had a $50,000 budget for a kitchen remodel, I probably wouldn't call you, thinking that you only do $15MM homes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have noticed the text and is being proof read, as far as the pictures go i will pull some pictures from smaller projects we did and have them posted. Thank you for the input.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Your 'Industrial' service page has the same verbiage as your residential....

>Cheval builders has years of experience as a residential developer and planner. We have experts who will guide you through a step by step process addressing all you needs and desires to build a custom home for you and your family.<

·
Registered
819 Posts
id have the main photo on the home page change to different ones....why just show the same photo when you can have 2 or 3 rotating

under services its a pretty short list....maybe you want to add pages and get into more details instead of only having 3 pages there.

i prefer a colored border....everything plain white looks too clinical

·
Marketing Consultant
35 Posts
I saw the grammar and spelling problems, but I also see a duplicate content issue throughout the site.The same paragraphs repeated in two or more pages. This not only may hurt your rankings, but it is such a waste of space that could be used with much more relevant content.

Judging by your portfolio, you do a lot of great work and has been working for a while. You most likely built a great local reputation with your customers and community. You have great pictures of great work, but they are all tucked into a gallery page, when in my opinion some of these pictures could be all over the site.

In other words, the site looks too generic to me. I'd suggest adding some more work pictures to all the pages, and replacing the repetitive text with some company history, some testimonials and a perhaps detailed description of your services to help with both SEO and conversion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts