Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, its been awhile since i was on this site.. Ive been so busy..

My question is pretty simple...

How long after do you need to wait for concrete to cure in order to paint a retaining wall. The walls are 10" thick - 4 to 5 ft high sloping and holding back (obviously) a hillside.

Im thinking i need to take the moisture in the mud + the moisture in the hillside into concideration here. Please correct me if im wrong (Im just a painter).. I just dont want moisture problems be cause i painted it to soon.

Also, the customer said it was poured "6mo ago"
I honestly dont think theres a real issue here, im just making sure. Its not green and i do not see any seams leaking nor moisture on the surfaces etc.

Is there a standard rule of thumb ? THanks:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
If there is no moisture barrier and soil drainage system behind the wall, the paint will peel.

If you decide to do the work, give him the information in writing that there is no guarantee on the paint durability.

A normal paint will not work and epoxy would be even worse.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking about using AG Tred Plex... I use it on exterior stairs, patios etc, seems to hold up for many of yrs, just needs tons of coats to get coverage.

Good call on the drainage point, didnt ask them about that at all.. Very good point sir - Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts