Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A customer would like me to fix a small concrete pad he poured himself. The surface is pitted, uneven, and generally poorly finished. I was wondering if anyone had an idea of how I might be able to finish the surface in a more... asthetic fasahion.

Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Look into some stampable overlays. If the slab is old and has bad cracks this may not be a good option though. It can be expensive but it looks great!

·
Hoven
64 Posts
If You have never done this type of repair before and are going to try, dont use Ardex for your first time. The pot life is to short for the novice. I would suggest quick crete patcher if needed followed by the resurfacer from Home Cheapo. Pot life is 20 min usually. Don't resurface a hot piece of concrete. I'm not sure how big your area is, but having someone else mixing for you while you apply will make it go smooth. Also seal it if you think the area will be seeing deicing products during winter. The Ardex is a far superior product and will last a long long time, but you have to be fast with it. Someone else had a similar post a while ago that I and others responded to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts