Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Duke
14,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working at a local place and I'm the booth man. There's quite a few of these guys. The design is not mine, I'd change it slightly, but they came out solid.

We prefabbed the seat and backs and sent them off to a guy to upholster them. We just got them back a day or two ago and the pictures don't do justice, they are sensational. Corinthian Leather? Some leather, can't remember what they said.

The seat part I sent out just the piece. The upholstery guy put the holes in. Makes sense, when someone sits, it doesn't make the hissing sound.

The ply is 3/4 MDO. I tapered the backs 2" and the foam passing added another inch or two slope. I glued the snot out of everything.

I was worried about the back to back pieces over time since the only way to secure this was from the under side. 5-3" GRK's did the trick, rock solid.

There's more to come. I thought I took some other shots of the base, but I can't seem to locate them.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Nice framerman:thumbsup:

I got the pleasure of remodeling a "theme" type restaraunt a few years back. Making booths covered in rough cedar, oak tables etc. Even helped make the front door.

Since we were local (my brother and I) and the rest of the crews lived out of town. We got hired later to ad accents.

That was before I relized the importance of taking pictures of EVERYTHING you do.

The neat part was when family came to visit they sat in one booth we made.( There were generic boths everyone had their hands on but 2 "L" shaped custom ones only we made)

·
Builder/Remodeler
3,805 Posts
Nice work. :thumbsup:

We usually do a few banquettes a year in residential kitchens that are similar in construction.

Typically the back is sloped around 4 degrees and we cut a piece of ply for the seat and back for the upholsterer to wrap.

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
Cool Framer, looks like you're
having fun. :clap:

BTW:
There is no such thing as "Corinthian leather."
It was made up for the ads, and Iacoca
liked the way Montalban said it. :laughing:

·
The Duke
14,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I came in to the job, I think Thursday and found this. It really saddens me to have people around on a jobsite who just have no sense about themselves. Not a care in the world. This is concrete dust, not drywall dust. They drilled a hole in the roof for some vent. Chunks of concrete all over the place. Not to mention also on my freshly installed flooring to boot. ****ing douchebags.

Well, anyhow, this is how they got finished off. Some stainless glued to the MDO on the kick area. The actual seat cushion part I made the MDO rip at 15-3/4" and I think it needs a tad more, maybe an inch extra. Doesn't fell 100% comfortable. And as Chris said, the back slopes 4°, 2" difference top from bottom. I think the backs were 28" high from my recollection.

·
Builder/Remodeler
3,805 Posts
I came in to the job, I think Thursday and found this. It really saddens me to have people around on a jobsite who just have no sense about themselves. Not a care in the world. This is concrete dust, not drywall dust. They drilled a hole in the roof for some vent. Chunks of concrete all over the place. Not to mention also on my freshly installed flooring to boot.
:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

I'll bet you had a hot-dip-sh**-fit that day...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts