Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is some product out there that I have seen, where a company comes into a restaurant and overnight they sand, stain and poly in one or two night. It only takes them one night unless there are a lot of tables.

From what I can tell the stain seems to be a solid base stain, no clue on the poly is but they achieve a great long lasting finish.

I have refinished several dozen tables, but I bring them to my shop where there is a normal drying and curing time available. My process works out well because I have 20 or so different size tables that I can swap while I refinish their tables.

Does anyone know what type of products these are?
They need to fast drying and won’t blister when they put hot plates on them.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I re-did Burger King seating benches years ago. I didn't need to re-stain them because Burger King doesn't let it get to that situation. Started as soon as they closed and worked from 12:00AM till 4:00AM. I used the fastest drying interior varnish I could find.

Worked out OK. By the time they opened, the benches were usable.

The company you speak of most likely mixed the stain in with the varnish or lacquer after stripping.
There were plenty of new condos and homes that had cabinets finished by applying both the stain and the lacquer at the same time.

Only...they started out with ready to finish cabinets. They didn't have to strip them first. I'd watch out for what you might be getting yourself into. The guys that do what you're inquiring about charge a bundle. So you had better perform likewise.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts