Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know about this site for construction jobs? (linked construction jobs instead of pasting a long link on here). If you have used this, what's your feedback on this?

I've looked through Craigslist before and it was beyond bad as a job resource.

If you have any other resources please share. We can all use it I'm sure...

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
25,289 Posts
I haven't used any online lead services or whatever (no clue what that site is that you reference). My leads are 90% word of mouth.

However, believe it or not, I've had some modest success with just posting my business card, nothing else, on Craigslist. You just need to do some weeding over the phone to eliminate the something-for-nothing crowd.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't used any online lead services or whatever (no clue what that site is that you reference). My leads are 90% word of mouth.

However, believe it or not, I've had some modest success with just posting my business card, nothing else, on Craigslist. You just need to do some weeding over the phone to eliminate the something-for-nothing crowd.
It's Mcgraw Hill Construction (it's a ridiculously long URL which is why I didn't paste it in the thread, but you can click on the linked word).

Craigslist has done nothing for me when I posted..maybe I'm just doing it wrong. Most of mine are word of mouth, but word of mouth isn't cutting it as much anymore...

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
It's Mcgraw Hill Construction (it's a ridiculously long URL which is why I didn't paste it in the thread, but you can click on the linked word).

Craigslist has done nothing for me when I posted..maybe I'm just doing it wrong. Most of mine are word of mouth, but word of mouth isn't cutting it as much anymore...
I don't think you are doing it wrong I think it's just CL. I first went to CL about 3 1/2 years ago. I hooked up with a good cabinet installation company from Texas that got a big job here.

That lead to another and parlayed into 2 1/2 years of steady work stemming out of one CL posting.

Now it's just people looking to screw you over or spam you.

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
25,289 Posts
It's Mcgraw Hill Construction [...]

Well yeah, I saw that. But I don't know what they do, and I wasn't going to register just to find out. :thumbsup:

As JT says, Craigslist can just be the luck of the draw. The very first time I put my card up there, within two hours I was shaking hands on a job on a rental unit. Turned out the guy owns a dozen of them, and feeds me a fairly steady stream of work. I've had some other good jobs from there also.

I know an electrician who advertises regularly on CL, and he says he gets a lot of work from that with very few "loser" calls. I'm sure CL works better in some parts of the country than others--maybe you're in one of the others.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts