Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to organize a tool bag and I have searched high and low walking through various hardware stores looking for some sort of hard plastic square tubular container or tubing.
I would be using the tubing to keep things like pliers and channelocks upright.
Attached are some pics of what I'm sort of looking for. This container if for bulk sds bits. I cant seem to find these containers as a standalone product.
What could I buy thats similar to the pictures attached?

Yellow Wood Cylinder Drink Publication
Yellow Gas Cylinder Font Metal
Wood Ingredient Rectangle Food Packaging and labeling

·
Registered
13,215 Posts
Not sure what your budget is, but there are lots better ways to organize these days, than kludging something together. That being said, half of the time I haul all my gear into the house in 5 gallon buckets. And I have a ton of Packouts and Rigid organizers. So, I am not against kludging, there are just other ways to go about it.

·
Registered
Custom
13,964 Posts
I'm trying to organize a tool bag and I have searched high and low walking through various hardware stores looking for some sort of hard plastic square tubular container or tubing.
You mean like fence posts that you can cut to whatever size you want?

Rectangle Gas Metal Cylinder Titanium

Attached are some pics of what I'm sort of looking for. This container if for bulk sds bits. I cant seem to find these containers as a standalone product.
View attachment 519080 View attachment 519081 View attachment 519082
[/QUOTE]

There are MANY different varieties of the below. You can use PVC pipe to go into the circle of the bucket...

Shoe Product Luggage and bags Bag Sports gear

·
Registered
4,605 Posts

·
Registered
Unbuilder of Eyesores
1,797 Posts

View attachment 519080 View attachment 519081 View attachment 519082
These look like welding rod containers. They’ll be the most expensive organizing gear you can buy but you’ll be able to weld up a bridge with all the packing material inside.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
58,500 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
For lighter tools you can fasten magnets to the upper part of the bucket/bag to keep your steel tools above the hot mess below.
Carabiners? on larger tools with holes that work? like a cresent wrench.....

An electrican ought start with an electrians bag, add more specialized tools with other containers like for test equipment, meters clamps etc...Copy the journeymen that aren't burn't out.

Remember you must rope up everything when working on a ladder.......so a short rope and hooks......

I have a large metal fishing tackle box that i store all my leftover Tapcons for smaller jobs.......

the best thing about an oganized tool container is that speeds work and clean up both. consider a monthly photo for the insurance/detective, man....

If you have others using your tools or are responsible for the team's tools consider charts and outlining the tools hanging up, again laminated pictures reduces training times of new coworkers....

If you need a tool to do your job ALWAYS have a useable Spare in your truck/gang box. As a brickie I always have 2 pencils, notepaper) trowels, jointers,tuck pointers, levels, masks, pens, pliers, cresent wrenchs, chiesls, etcccc only one 4 pd hammer though, I have a mason's hammer and a metal (idiot resistant) carpenters framing hammer....

Conduit and PVC pipes can be taped together to form tool deviders

1 - 14 of 14 Posts