Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to replace a Honeywell T8602C1079 tstat. My system is a 2-zone controlled by a Mastertrol Mini-Zone model MM-2 control panel. My current tstat is battery powered. I have six wires connected to the tstat: Y, B, R,G,W,O. I tried using a Honeywell T8600D2028 tstat but it caused a loud clicking noise in the mini-zone panel. Honeywell recommends using the T8601D2027 tstat as a replacement for my present tstat. Only problem with this tstat is that I think it requires a "c" wire from the transformer and it appears that I don't have one. I suspect that my "o" wire would be the "c" wire on the new tstat but I'm not sure.
Any help or info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Jim Fiedor
[email protected]

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Replacing Honeywell TSTAT

This reply is for Douglas Kim:

When I had this problem, after buying the wrong TSTAT, I finally called Honeywell support and they told me the correct model number to purchase for my system.

The correct model for my system is Honeywell T8602D2018 Chronotherm IV 7 Day Battery Powered Clock Stat

·
Carbon Dioxide Producer
782 Posts
I don’t understand. Are you asking a question for yourself and then answering it for someone else.

·
Banned
2,622 Posts
I'm trying to replace a Honeywell T8602C1079 tstat.
but
Honeywell recommends using the T8601D2027 tstat as a replacement for my present tstat.
but
it requires a "c" wire from the transformer and it appears that I don't have one.
but
I'm not sure.

Any help or info
telling me what I should do next
would be greatly appreciated!
BTW, 'Bots cruise the Web looking for valid info of any kind on anyone.

Post a legible schematic of your furnace wiring where it interfaces with the 'stat. The diagram is probably pasted on the inside of a panel in your furnace.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Go With A Different Stat

Rather than trying to make that one work you will be better off just getting a different battery operated stat... I learned this the hard way.. Learn from my mistake!

·
Registered
2 Posts
don t care what model t stat you use ..but on the mm-2 panel you have to have th b and o terminal....if you hooked the c wire to o . don t worry about this statement because now you sent power back to the panel and blew the transformer. so i would get rid of your our of dat mm-2 and just upgrade to an emm 3 panel or something else... it sounds like your at a loss at this point so get rid of relay box (mm3) and upgrade,,,,, good luck..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts