Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The house I recently bought runs on propane. I have used natural gas for years but I have no experience with propane. I would like to replace the Stove which is a typical 4 burner with an oven. Are propane stoves different from natural gas
stoves. Am I going to be limited in my selection because of propane?

Thanks in advance

Rob

·
Registered
117 Posts
robertc65 said:
The house I recently bought runs on propane. I have used natural gas for years but I have no experience with propane. I would like to replace the Stove which is a typical 4 burner with an oven. Are propane stoves different from natural gas
stoves. Am I going to be limited in my selection because of propane?

Thanks in advance

Rob
Rob,
Nearly all gas stoves are available in either NG or LP, the only real difference in the appliance are the orifices, which are easily changable. Some stoves come with both types of orifices (one set will be in a little mannila baggie inside the stove), others might require that you order the LP orifices separately. It's a pretty easy mod to do, just be sure and follow the manufacturer's guidlines carefully. An LP appliance using NG orifices turns into a blow torch (don't ask how I know ;) !)
LP appliances also operate under different input pressures, but since your not changing the system over, that shouldn't be an issue for you.
Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts