Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am remodeling a house that is over a hundred years old. The owner wants to sell the home as soon as the home is in sell-able condition There are sections of the basement wall that are peeling and flaking off. What would be the easiest and most economical way to do the repairs to the walls.

·
Have Trowel, Do travel
909 Posts
pictures would help.

the cheapest is painting

but without picts. ?

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
What is the cheapest and easiest way to deal with peeling paint on a basement wall? This is in the construction forum on C.T.?

This is a DIY question, from a real estate agent who has asked 6 years of DIY questions, for homeowners (or the O.P.) to do just prior to listing a property: can I wrap tape around leaking copper pipes instead of fixing them? how do I caulk a crack in the sidewalk? is there a primer that will allow me not to do prep work? what do I do if the paint is peeling?

Answer it if you want, but the real answer is this: hire a professional.

Edit: This post especially is blatantly a real-estate agent's post: tell me the cheapest way to get this house ready for sale.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
This is the concrete foundation walls. I will post photos Tuesday. Thanks
You do realize you can paint that, no?
I was just told someone called in late because their crippled goat ran away. Really, on all counts.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
You could power wash and recoat with top and bond or structolite.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts