Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
Probably a town guy did it, seems ok if thats the case. The town isnt interested in building works of art lol.

I would have stuck a couple pennies in it at least

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The only reason I know about it is someone mentioned it to me while chatting at the hardware store.
The issue here is that this is one of our local land trust properties. I am a corporate sponsor of the aforementioned land trust. It would have been nice if a contributing trust member was given the chance to bid on any masonry repairs.
But hey, they may have sent one of the town road monkeys up to do it or it was a volunteer. In that case, it is what it is.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I should also mention that the cap on the existing walls is kind of a concrete slurry/fill in the center. They could have used some course sand or something to get a slightly closer texture. My gripe is the silly little stones sticking out of the edge.. Kids/people are going to step on those and pop them right off. This is at ground level right next to the parking area.

·
Registered
8,133 Posts
^^Both^^

I thought you had a problem with the whole thing. I mean what is it anyway? A jumble of rocks kind of stuck together? And what purpose does it serve?

I don't understand anything about any of that

·
Registered
247 Posts
I thought it was on a driveway at first with the wall continuing the freestanding side, retaining the drive. I'm guessing it's a public road intersection and the wall is retaining the grade, the style of stone work looks like the style of work around tressles and roadway work previously done, I just guess 70's. In the sticks the grade gets changed and many roads are narrow, it looks like the wall matches the fill. There must of been an eyesore that got poorly patched.

·
Masonry Contractor
83 Posts
Probably a town guy did it, seems ok if thats the case. The town isnt interested in building works of art lol.

I would have stuck a couple pennies in it at least
Just today I was walking through my town and had been eyeballing the concrete walk infills that needed to be done for the past 8 months. . . finally they where "finished" with concrete smashed all over the place, lumps and humps all over it. . just absolutely nasty.

I cant tell you how many town meetings ive sat through with the historic district fussing over proposed residential renovations and howling about "preserving the historic town". . . blablabla this kind of stuff ticks me off.

the two spoiled hacker town workers just drive around in the brand new f450 dump truck and hack away. BOY does this kind of stuff get right under my skin:censored::censored::thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts