Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Repainting every ten years on such a small house doesn't seem like a big deal. It's like 5 man days of work. I like peel bond primer a lot. Its high build. Spray it up to 40 mils thick. Back brush it. Its great for smoothing and leveling old peely houses with lots of lead paint that shouldn't be sanded. It can also be tinted with some of your finish paint so you can do one primer coat and one finish coat if you're so inclined.

·
Design Build
8,600 Posts
I had mentioned that I have been doing home repairs for 29 years but failed to mention that I have been getting paid for the work. I also mentioned that I wore an N95 mask...correction, it is a dual-cartridge P95 mask.
as a licensed contractor?

Your answer was twice obtuse that’s why I’m asking. I would expect the answer to be a remodeling general contractor or something like that. Instead, it sounds like you’re a handy person who likes to help people out and sometimes gets paid which means you’re not in the contracting business. That was the original question just re-worded.

·
90%-er
1,443 Posts
It's a rental house, and a smaller one at that. Get a couple helpers and put some mid-level vinly siding on it and be done with the painting altogether?

You could have that place sided in a couple of days and never think about scraping, sanding, primers, RRP, or top coats ever again.

There is definitely some skil to vinyl siding, but if you have the time to take your time, there are some great videos online and it really is not rocket science.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Yes, I would be considered a jack of most trades handyman. Sorry for the confusion and thank you all for your suggestions!

·
Registered
12,973 Posts
It's a rental house, and a smaller one at that. Get a couple helpers and put some mid-level vinly siding on it and be done with the painting altogether?

You could have that place sided in a couple of days and never think about scraping, sanding, primers, RRP, or top coats ever again.

There is definitely some skil to vinyl siding, but if you have the time to take your time, there are some great videos online and it really is not rocket science.
Except that vinyl right now is anywhere from 10 to 18 weeks out.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

21 - 27 of 27 Posts