Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing REO work in the north eastern part of Florida. Btu the guy I was working with alsways had a reason why 3/4 of my work orders could not be submitted. Then I found out that he had the same problems with 7 other guys stretching from Alabama to North Florida. I have been in construction for over 25 years and have a degree in Construction Technology and all of this work was mostly repeated day after day. So, I decided to call his bluff and spoke with his girlfriend who gave me their list of paid jobs and all the jobs he said could not be paid were all checked off as paid. I still didn't get my money because there was nothing in writing. This is number #1 in Business 101 and that was my fault. I guess I'm just too trusting.
So, now I have all the insurand, GL/EO and have certification for inspection. Both by ASHI and the State. These would be a 120 hour certification and 60 hour suplemental and I have the state certification for wind/storm mitigation. I would like to know if there are any leads for this area? I have a shop full of tools and equipment and can do initial secures, pool coverings, rehab, remodels, debris removal, lawn maint, etc etc

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the thing is that the guy is sub'g from another sub who is sub'g from National Contractor who can throw me out like a pile of roof debris I lost $750.00 dollars on. And to keep a good image out there you have to 'bight your tongue' in most instances.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts