Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
9,058 Posts
"Warren says he started Rent-A-Husband, in part because work in his family's construction business showed him "the great disadvantages that are oftentimes taken of women by people in the construction trades. I vowed to one day do something about that." He says his investors were all "smart money people" who knew what they were doing when it came to investing. He says his company has been plagued by setbacks including his heart disease, the recession and, most notably, a decision by hoped-for business partner, Ace Hardware, to sever ties with him."

:whistling (and I was always under the impression they were taken advantage of :laughing:)

"Warren lives in a $400,000 ranch home on the banks of Mill Pond in nearby Windham. The home is in the name of his live-in girlfriend, Donna Leith, whose name is also on the title of the $275,000 home next door that the couple rents out. Warren says he has no hobbies and spends most of his waking hours trying to build his business."

He better not piss her off. :no:

"Warren says he told CNBC the $80 million and $200 million figures were what his company could make, not what it was making. A CNBC spokeswoman declined to comment. In promissory notes for some investors reviewed by USA TODAY, Warren used "$7 million" or "$10 million" to describe the value of his company. He said he used these numbers because an investment group that once owned almost half of his company valued it at $7 million in 2000, and, as with the Ace numbers, they represented what experts believed his company was — or could be — worth."

Interesting way of valuing your business....hmmm, I think my gig could be worth about $250 mil, by next month, ya wanna invest? Get it while it's hot, limited time offer! :shifty:

Thanks for the article, I've now got a business plan for my next venture. :thumbsup:

What do you guys think about SM?

:w00t:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I had a similar idea called rent a wife. For 50 bucks someone could have her for the day doing the hoovering while you are listening to the telly, and listen to her nagging.
It never took off as I couldn't afford to pay anyone the 50 bucks to take her.
Keep in mind you're posting in an open forum! Better hope she doesn't stumble on to CT!!:w00t:

Cement loafers and the Thames!!!

Sleep with one eye open my friend!:shutup:

:laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
685 Posts
"Warren says he started Rent-A-Husband, in part because work in his family's construction business showed him "the great disadvantages that are oftentimes taken of women by people in the construction trades. I vowed to one day do something about that." He says his investors were all "smart money people" who knew what they were doing when it came to investing. He says his company has been plagued by setbacks including his heart disease, the recession and, most notably, a decision by hoped-for business partner, Ace Hardware, to sever ties with him."

:whistling (and I was always under the impression they were taken advantage of :laughing:)

"Warren lives in a $400,000 ranch home on the banks of Mill Pond in nearby Windham. The home is in the name of his live-in girlfriend, Donna Leith, whose name is also on the title of the $275,000 home next door that the couple rents out. Warren says he has no hobbies and spends most of his waking hours trying to build his business."

He better not piss her off. :no:

"Warren says he told CNBC the $80 million and $200 million figures were what his company could make, not what it was making. A CNBC spokeswoman declined to comment. In promissory notes for some investors reviewed by USA TODAY, Warren used "$7 million" or "$10 million" to describe the value of his company. He said he used these numbers because an investment group that once owned almost half of his company valued it at $7 million in 2000, and, as with the Ace numbers, they represented what experts believed his company was — or could be — worth."

Interesting way of valuing your business....hmmm, I think my gig could be worth about $250 mil, by next month, ya wanna invest? Get it while it's hot, limited time offer! :shifty:

Thanks for the article, I've now got a business plan for my next venture. :thumbsup:

What do you guys think about SM? :w00t:
Sure you didn't forget the "&" in there?:w00t::laughing:

·
Registered
Brickwork
1,113 Posts
Opened up the paper this morning and saw this advert for a 'Rent-a-Hubby franscise. For 10 grand special offer you get a 5 day training course, uniform and a plastic level. Everyone has criminal checks done before being let loose on the public.
The 10 grand will put off some of the builders that I know, but the criminal checks will put the blocks on the rest of them.
Newspaper Newsprint News Publication Paper

·
Registered
498 Posts
I had a similar idea called rent a wife. For 50 bucks someone could have her for the day doing the hoovering while you are listening to the telly, and listen to her nagging.
It never took off as I couldn't afford to pay anyone the 50 bucks to take her.
Stuart, send her on over. I wear a hearing aid so I can shut it off. And she can talk to her hearts content. :thumbup:

Just don't tell her though.:no:

By the way, I only take cash. In advance. Is there a moneyback guarantee?:laughing:

·
Registered
Brickwork
1,113 Posts
Mitch, as we speak I have stuck her on the 5.30 from Heathrow to JFK with a one way ticket and my life savings and treasures which consist of $176 and 42 cents and a signed photo of me and Prince Charles arm wrestling in the Queens local pub during a day trip to London.
Don't bother to pick her up from the airport as the walk will do her good.
Best of luck to you.
PS. dont phone me, I'll take her back when we have run out of clean cups.

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
Mitch, as we speak I have stuck her on the 5.30 from Heathrow to JFK with a one way ticket and my life savings and treasures which consist of $176 and 42 cents and a signed photo of me and Prince Charles arm wrestling in the Queens local pub during a day trip to London.
Don't bother to pick her up from the airport as the walk will do her good.
Best of luck to you.
PS. dont phone me, I'll take her back when we have run out of clean cups.
:clap::laughing::clap:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts