Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys does anybody here on the forum have comments they would like to share about a site called renovationexperts? I happened across their site yesterday. Looking over their leads they do have lots of things I'd be interested in bidding on, although all are a bit out of my comfort range as far as distance from my office to the job, but literally hundreds of leads on their site. I've contacted them about what the service cost me, but haven't heard back from them yet. Site just says you just pay a flat monthly fee for your leads.

I'd be real interested in hearing from anyone that has work with this company. Quality of leads, pricing, etc. TIA for your responses.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
I use Ren Ex. I have no complaints.

They charge me $150 a month. They send me a whole bunch of leads but on average I only accept 3-4 per month. The rest are too far out of my service area.

I'm sure lead quantities vary on area and service type.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Grumpy that's what I was looking for. I've been thinking about spending a bit of the ad budget on some of these on-line services, but you're right alot of the jobs are just too far away. Now if I was in StL, KC, or the Springfield/Branson area they've got lots of work, up here not so much.

I can buy the leads one at a time $40 each, or in packages ranging from $180 for 5 leads to $480 for 20 leads. No time limit on using the leads once purchased.

How do you go abut evaluating which leads to accept? Some of them are real easy to weed out, like the one where they wanted a bid on siding a house they were thinking about buying. :rolleyes: There's a no brainer to forget about. Any tips on how to select the good ones that are actually ready to buy and weed out the price shoppers?

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
housedocs said:
How do you go abut evaluating which leads to accept? Some of them are real easy to weed out, like the one where they wanted a bid on siding a house they were thinking about buying. :rolleyes: There's a no brainer to forget about. Any tips on how to select the good ones that are actually ready to buy and weed out the price shoppers?
Other than service type and area... It's become a gut feeling based on lots of things that the customer fills out in their comment fields. Keep in mind budgets and square footages are almost never accurate when reported byt he customer.

If the customer sayins somthing like "looking for information only" or other such comments I decline the lead. At first I suggest taking everything in your service area that isn't obvious crap. After awhile you start learning what's crap and what isn't.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info grumpy, one more quick question and I'll put this to bed. Do you get access to more info from the customer once you've bought into the lead system? I mean from what I got in the one e-mail they sent me, it really wasn't enough info to make a fair determination as to the quality of the lead.

Here's the lead they e-mailed to methe day after I sent in my info. I was really surprised to get a lead from them straight off, as according to thier site, I would be contacted once my company's info was verified, the e-mail showed up in my inbox less than 12 hrs later?

"Project Details: I'm looking for someone to jack up my house (~1800-2000 sq ft, 3bdrm 1 bath, 1-1/2 story) so that I can replace the center beam which is cracked and several floor joists which are deteriorating. There is not much room under the house so, I'd like to dig out the crawl space as well. I am also interested in finding some information on a HUD home improvement grant or low interest (1%) loan. Thank you."

I signed up for drywall, decks, windows, siding, painting, this isn't in my list of services, which kind of made me wonder about them I guess.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update on this service.

I went ahead and bought a single lead, cost $40.

Results, sold residing job, no soffit work needed, just tear off masonite, hs wrap, ff insulation, and new vinyl. If it stay on time & budget, which I think I've allowed myself plenty, a nice profit on the job as well!

Now have purchased a 5 lead pack, cost $180, results thus far, sold the lead out, replace an entry door, pour new well cap for old well in backyard, jack porch up and replace a support post and install new railings on it. Again at a good profit and excellent potential for future work for same owner on other properties.

Still have 4 leads with no time limit on use, great experience thus far!!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Housedocs,

I may be able to send some leads your way for Taco Bell and Pizza Huts in your area for repair work and painting. I hate to drive over 45 minutes to get to a job and it would look good if I referred someone that they could trust.

Tonight we start at Taco Bell here in town at 11pm until 7am to replace and paint wainscoting, replace wall tile, replace a doorknob and repair the mop room floor.

I am scheduled to look at the other 2 Taco Bell locations in Jefferson City along with locations at the Lake, Boonville, Fulton, Kingdom City, Mexico, Camdenton and god only knows where else.

Let me know if you are interested. I also work for Goodrich Quality Theaters if you have any of those in your area.

Best of Luck,

Kirchhoff Handyman Solutions LLC
“Making Your Life A Lot Less Complicated”
www.midmohandyman.com

Advanced Power Washing and Restoration Solutions LLC
Professional Products ~ Professional Service ~ Professional Results
www.advancedpw.com

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bob Here's the linkRenovation Experts

My rep is Christine Norman, if she's a rep in your area, great person to work with! Kudos to site management there for getting such a great rep!

Mike- Actually I know Centralia real well, AMI about $20K a yr if that, 90% of the houses are sittin on a single course of cinder block for a foundation, lucky if you've got 10" of clearance, but what really scared me off (other than thinking the house wasn't worth spending that much $$ on)was that they were looking for info on low interest home loan to fund the project, :rolleyes: , just a non starter, yeah I could sell them & charge whatever I wanted, but collecting (& that is a big part of the game), getting it on paper & getting it in the bank can be two entirely different animals. I got a half dozen or so real great jobs sold,............................................. when they get the $$ :Thumbs: They mean well, just that their credit sucks. :cry:

Jesse,

Tell me more, always interested in work, there's 24 hrs in a day I figure if I'm workin about 12-14, cuts down on the amount of time I got to spend $$, & I'm a good spender, just bought another F/U today for the crushingly high price of $4K, 2 story, 4 bdrm, 2 baths, new siding & windows in already, got to replace all plumbing & wiring, finish up jacking floor in kitchen & update kitchen & baths, but still a steal compared to the potential.

Anyway, yeah shoot me an e-mail or give me a call. [email protected] will always get to me quick.

Renovation Experts has been nothing but a great resource for me guys I highly recommend, I do think it cost a bit more if you're located in an urban area, but from what Grumpy said, $200 a month in a metro area that's generating 5-6 leads a wk, hard to beat it with a stick. :Thumbs:

·
Registered
378 Posts
we just signed up today. just going to test with a few leads. my take from looking the lead descriptions is that 95% of these pc's are professional price shoppers.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thus far all of my leads have been owners living out of state, in fact I have one that's out of the country even, just happy to find a licensed contractor local to where the property is. Had no quibbling on price, just when you you get it done & where do I send the check.

·
Registered
378 Posts
funny thing about this area ,i mean i have yet to quote a kitchen where the cust did not want granite tops customcabs and the overpriced yuppie appliance list. yet remarkably few are willing to pay a licenced competent contractor to intall it .constantly getting shown bids from soup kitchen guys and asked to match. of course i decline. my plumbing contractor witnessed the work of one of these guys. guy notched 2x10s floor joist donw to 2x4s.to intall 4'' pipe. btw his bid was half of mine.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bergenbldr said:
funny thing about this area ,i mean i have yet to quote a kitchen where the cust did not want granite tops customcabs and the overpriced yuppie appliance list. yet remarkably few are willing to pay a licenced competent contractor to intall it .constantly getting shown bids from soup kitchen guys and asked to match. of course i decline. my plumbing contractor witnessed the work of one of these guys. guy notched 2x10s floor joist donw to 2x4s.to intall 4'' pipe. btw his bid was half of mine.

Yikes!! Haven't run into anything like that yet, but in my area I think I may be the only contractor who's actually online. Shhhh.......... it's a secret! :cheesygri

·
Registered
378 Posts
so i get first leads from renovation experts. lead for deck states(will not be available for appointments, will not be able take phone calls, please e-mail quote only).are they kidding!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts