Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to the group. I am new here and proud of it. Here is my brief bio for an introduction.
Gary @ sunfireplumbing.com

We are Sonoma County’s premier solar thermal & plumbing company, providing solar hot water, high efficiency condensing boilers, radiant floor and hydronic baseboard heating to the residents and businesses of our community. We are a locally owned full service plumbing and solar heating company with over 48 years of experience handling all your plumbing and solar heating needs.

·
hack of all trades
1,126 Posts
I was recently looking into setting up a solar water heating system for myself, to learn and experiment. In the course of "research" and reading, I've heard that solar water heating is much less sensible now than it was a few decades ago with photovoltaic prices going down and electric heat pump technology becoming more efficient. Direct transfer of sun to water seems much more sensible in reality, but according to things i've seen, the economics are starting to push out solartube water heating.

What's your take on this, being someone who actually knows the market and equipment?

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
17,426 Posts
Welcome aboard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts