Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here, but so far from what I've seen there's great info being dished.
Anyway...going to retile a comercial restroom with 12 in ceramic tiles. Currently has vct tiles down and I've never removed any before, looking for the best advice on how to do so. can you use a liquid adhesive remover of some kind ? JBBS recommended using a grinder with a diamond cup.

it's a 8x16 room with a drain. Also what's the best way to tile in the little bit of slope to the drain?

Thanks

·
Banned
901 Posts
Anyway...going to retile a comercial restroom with 12 in ceramic tiles. Currently has vct tiles down and I've never removed any before, looking for the best advice on how to do so. can you use a liquid adhesive remover of some kind ? JBBS recommended using a grinder with a diamond cup.

it's a 8x16 room with a drain. Also what's the best way to tile in the little bit of slope to the drain?

Thanks
throw some flames at it and scrape away

·
Tiling & Bath Contractor
270 Posts

Thanks
No offense, but if you do not know the answers to these questions, you really shouldn't be doing the job.:no:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Non Taken, but in this case I'm trying to help my church out a little in some way. I'm just looking for the smartest way of doing it. Every other aspect of laying the tile I've done plenty of, just not this. Appreciate your feedback though and I understand your side.

·
Paul
4,120 Posts
No good deed goes unpunished.
:laughing: Unfortunately I can identify with that statement more than I'd care to be able to. Some lessons are better left un-learned :cry:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts