Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Steve
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing a bit of work @ my own house and have discovered I may be in for more work than I wanted, what else is new, huh!
The original wallpaper was put up in the bathrooms with no primer, sealer, sizing, etc on the drywall. I have tried all the suggestions I can find here on the forum and WWW. Even a steamer after the Paper Tiger/solution soak does not seem to work. I have 3 more vanity areas along with 2 bathrooms to go so any ideas on what to try are welcomed. The top layer will not peel off, allowing me access to just the glue layer. In the corners/seam areas where the drywall has joint compound on top of the drywall it comes off great.
Steve

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Sounds like it is time to prime, skim, prime and paint. Could always r/r the rock.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I heard that an enzyme based stain remover works well, it attacks the protein in the glue. I tried the normal, scoring/wp remover solution/steamer/scraping and after 1.5 days in a powder room, I ripped the drywall out....ala R&R. My skimcoat skills are lacking to say the least.

·
paper hanger,painter
916 Posts
PASTE,paste,paste ,paste,paste,paste,paste,paste,paste,paste,paste, OR

adhesive, adhesive ,adhesive ,adhesive ,adhesive ,adhesive ,adhesive NOT

glue:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::blink::blink:

·
Steve
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PASTE,paste,paste ,paste,paste,paste,paste,paste,paste,paste,paste, OR

adhesive, adhesive ,adhesive ,adhesive ,adhesive ,adhesive ,adhesive NOT

glue:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::blink::blink:
You say TOMATO, I say TOMATOE,
Glue, paste, adhesive aka the SH*T that screws up the unfinished drywall:furious:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts