Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have to remove the "Verizon Wireless" graphics in the picture to remove the red wall paper behind them. We will be painting the wall red and then reinstalling them but they have to go back up exactly how they sit.
These are thin (1/16 of an inch?) and are fastened with double sided tape and super glue. My first concern is how easy they will be able to bend when removing them. My second concern is putting them back in the exact location correctly.

Getting new graphics is not an option, the company that produced these are no longer making them.

Any ideas or suggestions?

I am thinking of making a blanket of blue masking tape to hold them all in place and scraping them off using a flush cut with a scraper blade.

Attachments

·
Remodeler
855 Posts
X2 on the piano wire. Stencil is great idea too, but I'm sure placement is less important than salvaging the letters.

You could also score the wallpaper, and try and take it off all together.

You could also take some masking paper and tape it up over the whole thing, 24" from the ceiling. Trace everything , then cut it out. Once your ready for install, hang the paper back up and use it as a template.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts