Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup Tradies
Looking at a new vaccum (it's a toss up between the small hilti and a festool MIDI - small van space)
The festool has a bluetooth switcher to turn stuff on the hilti doesn't.
Has anyone come across a pretty generic ac device that can be remote controlled to plug into the vac with enough draw to trigger the vac on cordless tools?
I've seen a few aftermarket solutions but based in NZ so voltage/plugs are a bit different.
Cheeers!

·
Registered
103 Posts
A device used to actuate the vacuum when sensing voltage use from a cordless tool?

Am I reading this right?

DeWalt has a vac that triggers from its specific tools.

But if your looking for something generic, I don't think it exists

·
GC/carpenter
40,543 Posts
I have a remote button on my Vac hoses (with tie wraps) that turn a plug-in switch on. But you have to push a button. It's a habit now I don't even think about it.

Mike.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A device used to actuate the vacuum when sensing voltage use from a cordless tool?

Am I reading this right?

DeWalt has a vac that triggers from its specific tools.

But if your looking for something generic, I don't think it exists
Yeah just something common place like a 'night light' (with a remote) or similar that can plug into corded slot on vaccum then hang it on my belt or something so can activate for assorted cordless tools of different brands.

·
GC/carpenter
40,543 Posts
That looks perfect just need to find one suitable for NZ plugs - I assume it provides enough current to activate the 'tool' mode on site vacs?

I haven't had an issue. You may want to check the specs. But the vacs I use are Festool, Fein and Milwaukee which is a rebranded Nilfisk.

Mike.

·
GC/carpenter
40,543 Posts
That looks perfect just need to find one suitable for NZ plugs - I assume it provides enough current to activate the 'tool' mode on site vacs?

Also it won't activate the tool mode but it will activate the vacuum after bypassing the tool mode. It basically just activates the outlet that is plugged in to.

Mike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts