Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a telephone call from a production company and they are looking for jobs they can film where the contractors did bad work, ripped off the customers, or whatever for Adam Carolla's new TV show.

They are making a televisions series and will pay to have the homeowner's job repaired for free for the privilege to produce the story.

I am not sure what states they are working in, but California's one for sure. If you are interested and can't find the phone number you can Google it because I don't think I can post it on the forum.

Now, I'm wondering why they called me looking for bad jobs! :whistling I've fixed a couple jobs fixing another contractor's crazy mistakes. How about ya'll?

·
Registered
12,360 Posts
I've fixed more homeowner DIY crap than actual contractor mistakes, minus the occasional harmless handyman hack stuff.

The problem with these shows is they don't tell you the HO hired a handyman to do his kitchen remodel because he only charged 10 bucks an hour and it turned out bad. :whistling

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm sure they probably just got your name off of a list they purchased with a bunch of contractors names on it. Lord knows i get calls all day long for people trying to sell me supplies, seo, mortgages, etc etc etc :rolleyes:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Our company has fixed several contractor mistakes through the years, as well as a lot of DIY mistakes.
This guy was totally ripped off on this cabin he purchased. Every window leaked, no attic ventilation and the framing of this back wall was all over the place. And of course there is always the classic door leading to nowhere. Here are before and after shots

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Our company has fixed several contractor mistakes through the years, as well as a lot of DIY mistakes.
This guy was totally ripped off on this cabin he purchased. Every window leaked, no attic ventilation and the framing of this back wall was all over the place. And of course there is always the classic door leading to nowhere. Here are before and after shots
They forgot the sign that says "Watch Your Step". :laughing:

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Bar.... Kinda depends on what he paid, and what he knew, when he bought it.... does not it.

These are sometimes great flipping opportunities.... most HO's,purchasers, and many "paint and resell" investors are scared off.

Of course, they may have overpaid also......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts