Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Remodeling/Refinishing w/ Dawg & Steve321

5K views 48 replies 9 participants last post by  CookeCarpentry 
#1 ·
I just started this job last Thursday, a week early because the shower was leaking into the dining room. This room is more a non custom with new fixtures, cabinets, Tile floor, Veritek shower wall surround and tub refinishing. My good friend Steve321 just recently signed up for CT and he's doing the refinishing on this job :thumbup:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I peeled up the vinyl... it was on top of masonite paneling, on top of original toungue & groove wood floor, on top of a ton of lathe strips as shims and then the sub floor :furious:

In 7 feet the floor was out 1.5 inches and the other was was running 5/8" out in 5 feet. I used 4 bags of 86 Latilevel

Attachments

#6 ·
DW is finished around tub area and primed, customer will be painting after the job...
I was there at 7:45 am to pull straps, clean up floor and grout with Permacolor. Ran to Lowes for some things got lunch and went back to do final wash at 12:00 and had the toilet back in for them at 2:00. Tub refinishing is set for Tuesday :clap:

Attachments

#10 ·
I don't like to paint very much but either way, they definately wanted to do the things that they are able to do. I wasn't supposed to start this until yesterday so the cabs won't be in till the 9th so I have a short week coming up tiling baseboard, trim door down etc... and then ill be back to hook up the cabs and top. Great customers too! The Mr. brews wine and beer so I get stuff every other day to take home so I will have no issues going back for final pics! :laughing:

#31 ·
If I don't smell latex then I'm not feelin comfortable...that's just me. I find it weird that Schluter is unmodified here... and modified elsewhere. Either way, I choose the Laticrete and Noble customer service as a major tool! Gary from Laticrete and Eric from Noble are 2 great guys!!!! I'm just trying to figure out how Opie gets free TLS stuff :laughing: all I got was a hat :whistling:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.