Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
Well I'd love to hear the back story on this one!

Oopsie, wrong address. I've heard of roofers in particular doing this but anything on the inside of a house that somehow got completed is an enigma at best.

·
Banned
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll try and find out the story. This was hanging up on my wholesalers wall son I took a picture. Lol

I'm sure it's a good story though.

·
Boondockian
1,478 Posts
I think a mailbox is fair trade for a free bathroom.:laughing:

·
Punching above his weight
12,102 Posts
Yes.

I've lived with and near the type of person who writes the passive aggressive note.

They make mountains out of molehills and they fear personal confrontation.

This guy's mailbox got a booboo and their Johnny landed too close to his stupid lawn.

·
Banned
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just the DOOR on the mailbox. See where this is going?

I'll never claim to be a genius but aren't most mail box doors usually closed? So how would a door break but not the box?

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
I'll bet you guys are right that it was just a poop tank delivered to the wrong address.

How disappointing! :laughing:

·
Punching above his weight
12,102 Posts
The accidental bathroom remodel would be incredible.

Guy has a regular work schedule and a 2nd floor bath he never uses. Somehow, for 3 weeks, crew and homeowner miss each other like ships passing in the night, until one day a bill is left on the kitchen table.

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
The accidental bathroom remodel would be incredible.

Guy has a regular work schedule and a 2nd floor bath he never uses. Somehow, for 3 weeks, crew and homeowner miss each other like ships passing in the night, until one day a bill is left on the kitchen table.
Actually something kind of close did happen years ago and only the owner of the GC company will actually admit it's true. I've told this story before here, and the GC will remain nameless and it's NOT me.

Circa 1990's he sent his demo crew to take out a kitchen cut and cap, etc. and haul it all away. They arrive early and a little girl about 10 or so answers the door after the parents had gone to work but before she had left for school. She let them in to do their thing. (Obviously long before the stranger danger paranoia took root! :laughing:)

They do their thing and the GC gets an angry phone call that night from the real client wondering why nobody showed up as promised. After a flurry of frantic phone calls, police reports, etc. it got figured out. When a North or South appears in the middle of an address, it sometimes matters.:laughing:

It all turned out good though. The GC gave them a new kitchen with custom cabinetry without court interaction that they loved, and actually referred many jobs over the years to this GC until they moved away.

·
Hair Splitter
18,333 Posts

·
Banned
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Regardless of who posted it, it has to be a porta-john.
No, the driver delivered bathroom remodeling fixtures to the wrong house. This is why my wholesale distributor has this letter and wants the delivery driver to pay for her mail box. There's more to this but that much I know for sure. My distributor isn't in to the port a potty business.

·
Hair Splitter
18,333 Posts
No, the driver delivered bathroom remodeling fixtures to the wrong house. This is why my wholesale distributor has this letter and wants the delivery driver to pay for her mail box. There's more to this but that much I know for sure. My distributor isn't in to the port a potty business.
Don't have to be to have a funny note posted in your office or shop.

I have nothing to do with the forestry department or the study of wild animals, but I carry a card I got from an official with he US forestry service signed saying that bears do indeed crap in the woods.

·
Hair Splitter
18,333 Posts
I know it's hard to understand logic some times. They don't have to deal with porta johns to have a note like that. You assumed that it was known that the subject was their company. Up until your response to my posts you gave no details as to the subject and object of the note.

I can see something amusing and post it in my office and it doesn't have to pertain to my business. It is allowed to go outside my realm, especially if it has a good back story.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts