Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Punching above his weight
12,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo, gimme it.

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/tls/4188243780.html

I had never heard of this. Just googled it. There's no pictures in this ad but apparently they made a pneumatic circular saw way back when. I don't know if this is one of the pneumatic ones or not, but it sounds pretty intense.

Anyone seen one of these? I couldn't find a google link to a picture.

·
Boondockian
1,478 Posts
Remington also made chainsaws way back when.

Here's picture of there pneumatic saw:

I'm working some of my Google-fu... Hopefully more info to come..

·
Punching above his weight
12,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice.

Somehow it's not what I pictured. Although, I was probably picturing a gun with a blade on the end of it.

·
Boondockian
1,478 Posts
Thought I posted this last night but I guess not.

1956 - To complement its own powder-activated tool business, Remington acquired the Mall Tool Company for $9.8 million. This company operated plants in Chicago and Park Forest, Illinois and in Toronto, Ontario. Mall products included complete lines of portable electric, gasoline, and pneumatic-powered tools and flexible shaft equipment. Mall Tool Company was dissolved in 1958, and its activities integrated with Remington, which included the powder-activated tool business which had been previously developed in Bridgeport. The Canadian subsidiary name was changed to Remington Arms of Canada, Ltd. and its product line expanded to include firearms and other Remington products.
1969 - Remington completed the sale of its power tool business to DESA Industries, Inc. Two plants were included in the transaction.
Both from Remingtons Company History page.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I have a Remington salamander heater...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts