Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Back from the dead...
6,646 Posts
Right on Teetor. I was thinking about this today, not about the soldiers tho, but about others that cant be with their families on Christmas.

A close friend of mine, and a former employee, was killed 2 weeks ago tonight. A death is always tragic, whether by car accident, heart attack, whatever. But this guy was violently gunned down in his own house in front of his wife and kids. Even though they are surrounded by family and friends, I can't even begin to imagine what is going through his wife's mind right now. He was only 30 yrs old, and leaves behind 2 boys, 9 and 4. His wife is only 29. And they had just put a down payment on their first house that afternoon. All that for $200 and some jewelry.

I didn't write this to bring everyone down, but remember those that are close to you can be gone in an instant.

The story

BTW, all 3 have been arrested and await trial for 2nd degree murder. Luckily the police found them before others caught up with them.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry about your buddy Pro. Looks like he got some licks in on his way out, that would sure make me feel better if I was dying. I'm curious about the M2 rap. Sounds like pre-med to me unless they weren't armed.
My Dad died today back in '73. He was 46 and bought it in a plane crash. Unless you're a real chicken s**t you never know how you're leaving here.

·
Back from the dead...
6,646 Posts
Teetor, I was curious about the same thing. My lawyer told me if there had been no return fire, and he was shot 'in cold blood' as he put it, then its M1 no problem. But since there was an exchange of gunfire, and the wife isnt clear on who shot first, then the prosecutors feel much better about M2 because the punks could easily say 'yes, I robbed him, but didn't shoot until he shot at me', meaning it would have been self-defense. Sounds like B$ to me, but I hope they spend a long time in the hole.

After sitting through a trial in which some punk was aquitted of murdering my then room mate (BTW a bullet in the back shouldn't be ruled self-defense), I have lost most of my faith in the justice system. Sometime somewhere justice will be dealt.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Teetor,
Thank you for that. I've seen it before but it is definitely something we need to be reminded of.

ProWall,
While in college, I was a property manager/handyman working in low-income homes in Missouri. I don't think there was another time in my life where I was that proficient at gun handling as well as that prayed-up. Never had to use the gun, thank the Lord.

Tim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts