Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently cancelled my assosication with "RELIABLE REMODLERS." They are located in Oregon and sell so called leads to contractors.

I had a terrible experience with them. Most of the names/leads they provided never replied to my numberous messages and e-mail. Those I did get in contact with said they had be inundated with calls from too many contractors.

They over billed my credit card for the leads and never issued any direct credits to my credit card for the phoney leads, or the leads that had already contracted the work, or the leads with worng telephone numbers of names.

In my opinion they are not to be trusted. The person I dealt with never provided me a full and direct answer to most of my quetions.

I invested many hours making calls trying to make contact with these leads. My time would have been better spend going thru the phone book and just cold callling.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
wow :blink: at the same time you must have canceled you membership to "I know how to spell and punctuate" ... I'm sure there are others...

:laughing::laughing::laughing: He got Fonics fo dummes insteed! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
Banned
9,058 Posts
..this does go to show, why I, personally, believe that the business model for "leads companies", prey on the un-informed, the un-intelligent (sorry), the un-likely to succeed, etc, etc....

None of these "businesses" have our (as legitimate contractors) best interests in mind...none.

Now, why is that?

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
None of these "businesses" have our (as legitimate contractors) best interests in mind...none.

Now, why is that?

It's just another way for somebody to get a piece of our hard earned money.
People who have nothing better to do than figure a way to live off the backs of others.
Probably started off as a good source for HO's to get reliable contractors.

Just a bunch of Bernie Madoffs,
No ethics!
No conscience!

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
none of these "businesses" have our (as legitimate contractors) best interests in mind...none.

Now, why is that?

it's just another way for somebody to get a piece of our hard earned money.
people who have nothing better to do than figure a way to live off the backs of others.
probably started off as a good source for ho's to get reliable contractors.

Just a bunch of bernie madoffs,
no ethics!
No conscience!
bingo!

Reactions: J F

·
Registered
4 Posts
Remodeler.com is a rip off!!! Beware! 3 out of 5 leads are fake. They will sell you anything they can think of. I had complained to the BBB and other forums, you need to speak out as well. Service magicis a little better. Unfortunately the internet is not policed for these crooks. Until then I won't trust any service on the web. We just have to wait until the economy gets better.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts