Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is this division because of the way you installed it or this mean something else i like to know from the expert. always thank you.

·
Repair/Remodeling Tech.
1,645 Posts
:eek: .... :rolleyes: ...hmmmm

vertical implies that it's standing up (in my mind anyway). Explain a little more and maybe someone can help you...at very least, we'll try :cheesygri

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
Sounds more like a Bamboo thing.
The slats are either laying next to each other flat, or tilted on the side.

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
I don't know, - - I would guess he's talking about a 'visual orientation', - - in other words, - - longways or across.

If that's the case, - - I usually run floors 'longways' to avoid a 'ladder' effect.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Talking vertical grain or flat (face) grain?

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
Hey, - - if he's the one who wants to know something, - - how come we're the ones askin' all the questions?? :cheesygri

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Bob's got my vote. If you T&G a wall, does it then become a floor?

·
Registered
375 Posts
What about the ceiling? What do you call that with T&G?

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
I was in a restaurant down the Jersey shore for lunch today, - - they had one-piece vinyl on the walls, - - I ate well, - - but left confused.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Donedat, it's called 'trippin'. Popular back in the 60's and 70's but I wouldn't know much about that.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Teetorbilt said:
Donedat, it's called 'trippin'. Popular back in the 60's and 70's but I wouldn't know much about that.
I think that's when you see rainbow colored hardwood on the ceiling complete with big white daiseys. :eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts