Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
any one knows a company that sell any product that will help to paint between the ceiling and walls i mean corners i have to paint a lot on this proyect and really i do not like to spend a lot money buying blue tape to tape along the ceilings and walls. any one can advise on this. always thankn you.

·
...jammin
5,234 Posts
ProWallGuy said:
Yes, it's called a brush:

Best way is to get good with a brush. We don't use tape for brushing, ever.
Absolutely

No Tape
....ever

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
regarding tape

i have been painting for a while and never use tape the problem is on big jobs i use helpers to do that and they really need taping. that i was looking for the magic tool to make this more easy for them and better for me.

·
Pro Painter
2,314 Posts
Whew....a brush really is that magic tool for a painter....

If you're looking for a homeowner tool that your guys can make straight lines with, try this one. I tried one out once, and it works pretty good once you learn it, but I am WAY faster with a brush...not to mention just as straight.

Shur-line

Either way, even that tool is going to have a heck of a learning curve to make it work right......then you lose out on production. You can try it though and see what you think.

Any painter worth his weight in salt uses a brush though. I learned to paint with a 3" block....everything from doors, window sashes, trim, etc. If you can do it all with a 3" block, life becomes a cakewalk when you use a 3" sash in it's place.

I'd say take them boys aside and teach them how to paint straight lines. It's really a very simple thing to do when one understands how the brush works and is meant to be used, so teach them that and they will soon catch on. Make them cut in to baseboards and you handle the ceiling lines. If you're like me do one coat on trim, 2 on walls, then finish trim, there is plenty of room for practice along baseboard. Also, since you have a 2nd coat to go on baseboards, a little wiggly line won't hurt.....Find creative ways to train them and keep production moving at the same time.

·
Registered
79 Posts
AAPaint said:
Whew....a brush really is that magic tool for a painter....

If you're looking for a homeowner tool that your guys can make straight lines with, try this one. I tried one out once, and it works pretty good once you learn it, but I am WAY faster with a brush...not to mention just as straight.

Shur-line

Either way, even that tool is going to have a heck of a learning curve to make it work right......then you lose out on production. You can try it though and see what you think.

Any painter worth his weight in salt uses a brush though. I learned to paint with a 3" block....everything from doors, window sashes, trim, etc. If you can do it all with a 3" block, life becomes a cakewalk when you use a 3" sash in it's place.

I'd say take them boys aside and teach them how to paint straight lines. It's really a very simple thing to do when one understands how the brush works and is meant to be used, so teach them that and they will soon catch on. Make them cut in to baseboards and you handle the ceiling lines. If you're like me do one coat on trim, 2 on walls, then finish trim, there is plenty of room for practice along baseboard. Also, since you have a 2nd coat to go on baseboards, a little wiggly line won't hurt.....Find creative ways to train them and keep production moving at the same time.
along time ago many many moons-there was a painting crew who at the end of the day found a pice of lft over lumber(2-4) or whatever anyway whoever cut the sh#ttiest line down the middle of said brd had to buy the first round.it got very expensive and actually over a few beers advice was passed along on a much more mellow note since we was not on the clock.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
How about a tape that will stick to old stucco?

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Dude, your expenses are just factored into the job. I use a lot of blue tape.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Nothing would likely surpass being a good cutter, except robot painter, which hasn't been yet invented. A stiffer brush, thinned paint (for flowability purpose, water is as good as, even better than, flowtroel!): productively straighter lines.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts