Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Refrigerator End Panel

14K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Leo G 
In this kitchen the refer cab needed to be 1" from the ceiling as were all the uppers. The cabinet was 96 1/2" tall. I made two sides, a FF and a deck & top. I brought it over flat packed and assembled it on site.

I installed the lower to the right of the refer cab first. Then setup the right side of the refer cab with shims to be plumb and level. Drew the scribe lines for the floor the wall wasn't required on this side. Then setup the left side and again did the scribe lines for the floor and wall. Cut the scribe with a jigsaw using a downcut blade, finished it off with a belt sander. Assembled the cabinet. Top and deck were put in using pocket screws. The deck screws were in the refrigerator area and the top screws were on top of the plywood. Biscuits were used for alignment. Lifter the FF with the top and deck on into a vertical position and installed one side. Again biscuits and pocket screws. Same for the other side. Then installed the back which only covers the upper cabinet area.

Put the cabinet into place and used pocket screws to hold the sides to the oak floor. This is actually enough to hold the cabinet in place after it's screwed to the adjacent cabinets. But I also put a pair of screws through the 1/2" back near the deck so the screws are hard to see in normal viewing.

The FF uses this treatment for the corners. When assembled it is nearly invisible and is great for onsite assembly. Glue it up and the cabinet can never come out :laughing:

With counters. It's been finished for a while. Still don't have pics with the knobs on. I'll get them eventually.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.