Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into doing several large rooms for a guy and not sure of what the going rates are for sanding,stain and sealer. I have done planty of installs and have a good grip on that price, but refinishing is a new breed for me. I am located in the Buffalo/Rochester, NY area. These are 100+ year oldpine flooring. Thanks in advance.

·
Paul
4,120 Posts
I am looking into doing several large rooms for a guy and not sure of what the going rates are for sanding,stain and sealer. I have done planty of installs and have a good grip on that price, but refinishing is a new breed for me. I am located in the Buffalo/Rochester, NY area. These are 100+ year oldpine flooring. Thanks in advance.
:rolleyes: Great one to learn on :censored:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have refinished floors before, however it was allways for a contractor that I worked for. I guess my wording was miosleading. I have used the drum sander,osc. pad sander and buffer/sander. This is just part of the work he has for me. All in all there is close to 900sft of flooring to do. This just the room he wants done first.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Refinishing Wood Floors

Bottom Line: Tree Fiddy .

Don't sand with anything higher than 100 grit , the stain will take better. Vacuum & tack the floor very well with a clean cotton rag with a little mineral spirts.Let the stain dry overnight without any traffic.

But make them pay for all stain & poly . Use a Minwax water-based clear-coat instead of traditional poly. You can apply 3 coats in one day instead of 2~3 days.

Read the instructions on the water-based clear carefully , wait the required time between coats.

Collect your check and buy a hooker.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts