Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A recent project of mine had a H/O installed bamboo floor in the scope of work. The H/O purchased their flooring from a national flooring chain and contracted to have the flooring installed themselves. The installation was flawed, but in the course of completing the project, some finish damage occured despite having installed a hard surface floor protection film and 1/8" masonite. Now the H/O is demanding that I replace the entire floor, before they will agree to close the project.

According to the manufacturer, the flooring has multiple coats of a factory applied water based aluminum oxide semi gloss finish. Every flooring sub I've talked with has a different opinion and refinshing process. I want to sand the bamboo to the bare wood fiber and re-finish it with oil based polyurethane for color consistancy. I can't justify replacing the whole floor (800 sf) and am only going to get one shot at site refinishing. Has anyone had to site re-finish a (prefinished) bamboo floor?

:wallbash:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to all for your posts and comments. I went ahead with sanding and refinishing three small sections. Results were mixed at best. I'm going to replace the whole effing floor and get it over with.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.