Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Contractor
4,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when you guys go in a sand down/refinish a floor which was finished at the factory, is there any chance of changing the color (lighter) or will the finish on the sides (edges where pieces come butt together) still show through? I can see how if it were beveled, that would be an issue.

·
Contractor
4,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's a micro bevel-not a really large bevel like plantation plank. I am considering taking it all the way down under the micro-bevel-the subfloor is 1 3/8...no issues there.

·
Paul
4,120 Posts
it's a micro bevel-not a really large bevel like plantation plank. I am considering taking it all the way down under the micro-bevel-the subfloor is 1 3/8...no issues there.
The thickness of the subfloor has absolutely nothing to do with it. You can only sand so far before you hit fastener.

·
Contractor
4,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank for the belt grit tip Lawndart. I looked at a side profile of the flooring and the color is only on top...thought it might have been sprayed a little further down the sides. Have you found the logo you made last year has 'helped' your business?

·
The Finisher
1,396 Posts
thank for the belt grit tip Lawndart. I looked at a side profile of the flooring and the color is only on top...thought it might have been sprayed a little further down the sides. Have you found the logo you made last year has 'helped' your business?
The logo has helped with my companies brand. People in my area recognize my logo, because it's plastered everywhere. A professional logo will give any company a professional appearance.

Give me a call if you ever need tips on refinishing floors 347-495-0660.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts