Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7,079 Posts
My wife worked for a yard I dealt with back in the 80's and when Reeb set up for them to tour the plant the rep proudly said "Reeb is beeR spelled backwards"

·
Registered
164 Posts
"Staining" fiberglass sucks. You really aren't staining it like a wood door. You're just putting a layer of stain onto the fiberglass. I've seen faux finished steel doors that looked more like wood, than stained fiberglass doors.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
In case anyone was wondering, they still suck lol

Just ordered 3 exterior doors, quality is worse than usual. Rep told me them and masonite are both lacking due to how busy everyone is.

I'm going to check with a local yard, I know they do interior doors and I think I saw they will do exterior.

-Rich

·
Pro something
457 Posts
I have been complaining to Kuikens, 84 lumber and all the reps about Reebs quality for years and nothing ever changes! but it seems to me it has become worse in the last 2 years... Almost every pre-hung door order I receive has had all the problems described, Including, no bevels, poor hinge routing either too deep, too shallow, or over cut, most hinge screw over tighten and turned out and installed cocked on an angle sticking out past the surface of the hinge, Lock mortise too deep , too low or too high in the jamb location. Most all of my recent Thema-Tru entrance doors have been poorly assembled as well with me having to spend an hour or two in the field fixing hinge mortises, screws, weather-striping, doors hung too low on the frame, piss poor reveals... Should I go on?

·
Punching above his weight
9,758 Posts
"Staining" fiberglass sucks. You really aren't staining it like a wood door. You're just putting a layer of stain onto the fiberglass. I've seen faux finished steel doors that looked more like wood, than stained fiberglass doors.
This is a 2 year old post, but yeah man. I'm never "staining" a Therma-Tru again. In fact, I don't even like painting them anymore. It just looks like **** and makes me feel stupid. Never again.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I shot the fire door with Emerald, that came out pretty nice. I had to brush/ roll the exterior door because Resiliance was too thick to shoot through the gun I was using

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think reebs are getting worse. The margins are extremely inconsistent. On every door the top mortise is to shallow on the door. The jambs are always bent. They use 1/2 18 gauge nails to put the doorstops in. I dont even understand why our suppliers even use them. They have no right to be raising theyre prices. They should seel those pieces of **** at a dollar store.

·
Registered
6 Posts
In case anyone was wondering, they still suck lol

Just ordered 3 exterior doors, quality is worse than usual. Rep told me them and masonite are both lacking due to how busy everyone is.

I'm going to check with a local yard, I know they do interior doors and I think I saw they will do exterior.

-Rich
Sure Rich, zero effort or facts in a post . Usually means your a hack and a fake.
Reeb is the best distributor around. Far better then any others. More products better service. I have dealt with them all since the 90's. Reeb hands down.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bridgewater is better? Lol, you obviously aRe not a contractor. No one at Bridgewater thinks they are better then Reeb.
I heard your work is not that good.
See no facts, means nothing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think reebs are getting worse. The margins are extremely inconsistent. On every door the top mortise is to shallow on the door. The jambs are always bent. They use 1/2 18 gauge nails to put the doorstops in. I dont even understand why our suppliers even use them. They have no right to be raising theyre prices. They should seel those pieces of **** at a dollar store.
Do not agree with you. Hang a Dr as good or better then any others out there. Best selection and service as well.
They do not use 1/2"18 gauge nails for stops, that is just stupid on a 11/16 jmb. Flat out Lie....
I have never heard of a door jamb bent. It is wood could it bow, yes. So could anyones they don't make the wood.
Think you are good, could alw

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't buy REEB interior doors anymore. Last order was prepainted and they drilled the latch holes 3/8" lower than what the knob bore was.
I sent them all back and the rep tried to say they were "in tolerance".

Maybe you want to check again, Reeb does not finish interior doors. Never did. How would you get a finished dr from a company that doesn't have tht capability You sure you have the right company?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Get the **** out of here. You must work for them or have very low standards when it comes to perfection. Great service my ****in ass im still waiting on 6 doors from that order from god knows how long ago.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts