Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,005 Posts
My wife worked for a yard I dealt with back in the 80's and when Reeb set up for them to tour the plant the rep proudly said "Reeb is beeR spelled backwards"

·
Registered
164 Posts
"Staining" fiberglass sucks. You really aren't staining it like a wood door. You're just putting a layer of stain onto the fiberglass. I've seen faux finished steel doors that looked more like wood, than stained fiberglass doors.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
In case anyone was wondering, they still suck lol

Just ordered 3 exterior doors, quality is worse than usual. Rep told me them and masonite are both lacking due to how busy everyone is.

I'm going to check with a local yard, I know they do interior doors and I think I saw they will do exterior.

-Rich

·
Pro something
457 Posts
I have been complaining to Kuikens, 84 lumber and all the reps about Reebs quality for years and nothing ever changes! but it seems to me it has become worse in the last 2 years... Almost every pre-hung door order I receive has had all the problems described, Including, no bevels, poor hinge routing either too deep, too shallow, or over cut, most hinge screw over tighten and turned out and installed cocked on an angle sticking out past the surface of the hinge, Lock mortise too deep , too low or too high in the jamb location. Most all of my recent Thema-Tru entrance doors have been poorly assembled as well with me having to spend an hour or two in the field fixing hinge mortises, screws, weather-striping, doors hung too low on the frame, piss poor reveals... Should I go on?

·
Punching above his weight
9,214 Posts
"Staining" fiberglass sucks. You really aren't staining it like a wood door. You're just putting a layer of stain onto the fiberglass. I've seen faux finished steel doors that looked more like wood, than stained fiberglass doors.
This is a 2 year old post, but yeah man. I'm never "staining" a Therma-Tru again. In fact, I don't even like painting them anymore. It just looks like **** and makes me feel stupid. Never again.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I shot the fire door with Emerald, that came out pretty nice. I had to brush/ roll the exterior door because Resiliance was too thick to shoot through the gun I was using

21 - 28 of 28 Posts