latest Deck Builder magazine,
and there is our own Redwood
showing off his curves! :laughing:

It was cool when he posted it here,
cool seeing it in the mag. :notworthy

·
John Hyatt
3,658 Posts
Man that is some nice work Mark. CVG Redwood is a dream to work with it even smells good!!

Wondering if a little dubey was involved in the planing stages :whistling

JonMon

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
You East Coasters always get the mag a day or two ahead of me! Lookin' forward to the article, redwood, glad they featured ya!

Mac

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You East Coasters always get the mag a day or two ahead of me! Lookin' forward to the article, redwood, glad they featured ya!

Mac
Middle Coast, if you please. :laughing:

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Thanks guys, but it's not me.;) Ah sh**, I've been outed.

I just got the mag yesterday, and I'm farther out west then you are Mac, at least I'm within site of the Pacific Ocean.

This owner has literally kept me a float, the last couple of years. As we speak, I've been working on his other house for the last couple of months. Someday I will post pics, or perhaps you will see them in PDB.

Railings will be a little more conventional, but will include a lot of cable railing. Elevated 2000+ sq. ft. deck, with fantastic views.

It's going to rain all next week, so we will be inside working. This fixer upper has the potential to be a 6 month project, as long as the economy holds up.

Look for a actual article by myself on the art of laminations in a future issue, if I can find the time to put it together. I'd be interested in any input by you guys, as to what you would like to see or learn about. I'm certainly no expert and would love to see and learn about your experiences with laminating for exterior projects.

Thanks again for the props.

·
John Hyatt
3,658 Posts
Mark,
One thing I do when making up those lams is use a little pinner to temp hold them to the form and each other, that way you dont have to get them all together before the clamps go on this speeds up the process a lot for me dont have to worry bout the set up time for the most part with both kinds of glue.
Go Get Em Bro. JonMon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts