Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My company is working on a new website, and its finally hit the web.

Its not 100% yet, but it sure is 1000% better than the old one.

the boss' son worked with a hosting company to get this designed and online.

Any input is appreciated, comments, complaints, suggestions, etc. :thumbsup:

www.TheRoyalGroupInc.com

·
Registered
529 Posts
Cool looking site...

Here goes the broken record again...lol.

1. Title Tags. Right now your page title is Royal Group. If you primarily service the state of Vermont, get that into your title.

"Vermont Security System Installations" or "Vermont Security Systems" or something similar that contains your services and geographic location.

2. Because you're doing business in 3 different states you should actually have a dedicated page for each region. Just something simple, 1 or paragraphs detailing your service offerings for said area. This will help with the SE's.

3. Images on homepage. As it stands right now most of your homepage content is in the form of images. SE's cannot read the text on these unless you've added some IMG ALT tags which you do not have.

4. Your footer. The footer is out of alignment with IE8. It sticks way out to the left.

Hope this helps!

Carl

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool looking site...

Here goes the broken record again...lol.

1. Title Tags. Right now your page title is Royal Group. If you primarily service the state of Vermont, get that into your title.

"Vermont Security System Installations" or "Vermont Security Systems" or something similar that contains your services and geographic location.

2. Because you're doing business in 3 different states you should actually have a dedicated page for each region. Just something simple, 1 or paragraphs detailing your service offerings for said area. This will help with the SE's.

3. Images on homepage. As it stands right now most of your homepage content is in the form of images. SE's cannot read the text on these unless you've added some IMG ALT tags which you do not have.

4. Your footer. The footer is out of alignment with IE8. It sticks way out to the left.

Hope this helps!

Carl
good stuff!
I'll be passing along all this to the designers.

thanks!

·
Internet Marketing Agency
339 Posts
Hi Royal
First let me say that the site looks very good and let me commend you on using Wordpress as a platform. Carl has provided some very good input and I would say that’s information needs to be looked at closely. I also had a problem with the header….it’s a big grey box with a little white search box inside it. (I’m using Firefox/3.5.5)

I would also suggest your designers do a little research on the various plugins that will help with the SEO of your site.

Google likes a privacy policy – might want to consider adding one.
On your contact us page think about adding a form right on the page…makes it easier on your visitors to contact you.

Good job on the permalinks

Your missing the www on the front of your url (needs to be added manually in the setting section of the wp-dashboard)

Consider adding a section where you can add articles/press releases and the like (videos post would be great as well) this way your site is constantly updated…Google like this.

I’m about ready to head out the door so I have to cut this off but if you like, send me a PM and I’ll send you a PDF that list all the plugins we use for wordpress. You wont need all of them but there are a few that will enhance your site’s SEO.
J

·
Registered
529 Posts
Still working on my site, all my potential customers from my paper adds love the layout, But is my site properly optimized to bring in new customer from generic web searches?

In short... No. You've still got work to do. Most of it "OFF-PAGE" If you start your own thread I'll post a more detailed review for you.

Carl

Reactions: festerized

·
Registered
29 Posts
I like it, based on the information you got on the site it looks like alot of good things that will attract search engines but I feel it needs to be a little more appealing to the eye, but thats just my opinion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts