Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, this is my first time on this forum or any one for that matter so im not sure how this works, but here goes. I have a customer that has approx 10,000 sf of exterior red brick,(pillars, steps, patio, driveway,ect). I have googled many different key words in a search to find the best way to clean off the calcium, mold, dirt and other stains. The problem im having is some sites say muratic acid is the only way to go, others say it is an outdated solution and will ruin mortar joints and can destroy surrounding finishes( grass, paint, stucco). Ive never delt with this before and am worried about damages, this is a very high end house and customer. Any helpful hints or past experince would be very helpful. Thanks for your time.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the help

Thank you DQM for taking the time to aid in my search, you have built my faith in these kind of forums, and I look foward to the chance to assist you in any questions you may have. I am a general contractor that works for multiple interior decoratiors in designing and contructing custom one off jobs. I also have a C-36 (plumbing lic)(dont mean to insult you if you know what it is) and have multiple years in service and repair plumbing. If you ever come across these fields and need advice im your man, thanks again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
red brick

Hello, this is my first time on this forum or any one for that matter so im not sure how this works, but here goes. I have a customer that has approx 10,000 sf of exterior red brick,(pillars, steps, patio, driveway,ect). I have googled many different key words in a search to find the best way to clean off the calcium, mold, dirt and other stains. The problem im having is some sites say muratic acid is the only way to go, others say it is an outdated solution and will ruin mortar joints and can destroy surrounding finishes( grass, paint, stucco). Ive never delt with this before and am worried about damages, this is a very high end house and customer. Any helpful hints or past experince would be very helpful. Thanks for your time.:thumbsup:
Hi, its Don.......just wondering if you recieved any good info on cleaning the brick. I'm looking a purchasing a large building that has yellow brick that is in need of cleaning. I have a couple of pressure sprayers, but i was wondering about what cleaning solution to apply prior to the wash.....how long to leae on etc, and other precautions.
Thank Don

1 - 5 of 5 Posts