Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't come to this part of town much. HVAC isn't my thing. I've got a guy that handles any work that might come up. Mostly service work and trouble shooting.

However there is an upcoming project that is going to involve replacing a unit.
I may have to buy a recovery tank for the refrigerant.

My question is, What is the ballpark of what I'm going to have to spend on a tank? Is this the kind of thing that I might find used or is it a "have to buy a new one" kind of thing?

Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
Your HVAC guy with the EPA certification is to supply the tank. The intent of the refrigerant recovery regulations is to establish a cradle to grave tracking. This requires the certified tech's record keeping, As the owner, you may continue to own the refrigerant for use in your systems only. Your EPA certified tech should know this as it is required knowledge to pass the test. You can buy the tank, but Home Depot doesn't sell them yet to my knowledge.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My HVAC guy (with the EPA certs) doesn't have a tank. He's retired from HVAC work and only does some service work and electrical troubleshooting from time to time. Yes, he's licensed to do the electrical work too.:thumbsup:
I can appreciate the skepticism. As I said HVAC-not my thing.
I am looking to buy a recovery tank for him.
He has the certs.
He has the knowledge.
He just has no tank.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Cost of tank. Will depend on what size tank. And what supplier you get it from.
He can get the price for you. By simply calling any supply house he deals with.

Who is going to buy the far far far more expensive recovery machine?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts