Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just bought a "brand new" factory-reconditioned 16 guage paslode angled finish nailer for $177.00.

What do you think about that? Does anybody have experience with remanufactured tools?:thumbup:

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,753 Posts
Re-manufactured tools are likely to be better than new. They have been individually tested and certified to be in good condition. They may have some visual defects, but are usually in sound condition. Plus you usually save 20-50%.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! This is my first paslode. Since the economy has gone to ****, I'm tired of dragging out my air compressor and pneumatics to do the little jobs.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Recons are great, but just be sure that you are not buying an old model that may be short some of the features that the updated version might have.
Steve

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thats a good price for a paslode angled finish nailer, can't even come close to that on Ebay even.

I just picked up a dewalt angled finishing nail that was reconditioned hopefully it works good. Ah well another dewalt battery for my fleet :w00t:

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Thanks, its the Paslode 16 guage angled finish nailer 900600 model. < ebay >
If that's the Impulse trimmer, you got a steal. I bought mine barely used from a GC/friend of mine for $150 with 2 batteries and a couple boxes of nails.:thumbsup: Very reliable gun, I clean it twice a year or so, depending upon usage.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did get it on ebay. There were others, fluctuated between 180 and 355 buy it now...it must have been a good day. I checked there about a month ago and didn't find anything that were under 350.

·
Mickey
105 Posts
I've never had a problem with reconditioned tools, and I own quite a few. Dewalt gives a year warranty on all their stuff that is reconditioned.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have bought many recon tools.... never had a problem with one of them. Fact is I've had more problems with the new tools than recons.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts