Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to install the flexible rubber tile edging on a job on this coming Tues. and to be honest, I have never done it before! Any clues/hints/etc. for me to do? What is the best way to adhere it to old painted concrete? The paint is in great condition, no flaking etc..
Thanks for any help possible.

Dave

·
Paul
4,120 Posts
Is it a snap track molding or a reducer?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I'd brush on contact cement on both surfaces, I scuff both for better bond. You don't say length or if product affixes flat to floor or what is on other side of tile, just painted floor? I've also used pressure sensitive and ecobond 360 wet set pressure sensitive for reducer strip from VCT to terrazzo in an old publix, turned into thrift store, I check it periodically, still tight. We use to contact 4" wide cove base (toeless) to floor as reducer at Publix supermarket, some did come off and were on repair orders but 1000's of ft , 1 or 2 pieces fail over long period of time

·
Registered
77 Posts
ccoffer said:
Trim tape. Johnsonite and several others make it in various widths. Chemrex is pretty fast too.
Chemrex is great try taking a spray bottle and spray the chemrex a bit, sets up quicker and does the trick for me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts