Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Yeah those old Stanley's were great for commercial carpentry/trim projects because they were light weight, mobile, and the plastic didn't damage finishes, and outside of the brittleness of the plastic in sub zero weather they worked great. The new ones use a softer plastic that buckles under anything more than 10+ lbs, so you cant even stack a couple pieces of trim on the outriggers while your using a cut table let alone set up a cabinet table on them... I'm honestly not sure why they even make them with the outriggers anymore since they serve no purpose. The Trojans do look great, but have no place on a finish phase project... Thanks for all the help and conversation, its really appreciated guys

That is the only thing I don't like about the Trojan's. You really can't set them up on finished floors without putting something underneath them to prevent scratching and gouging. Set up on subfloor, out in the garage or outside they are great.

·
Super Moderator
10,453 Posts
Wow! You finish guys really like the expensive horses. I am still a huge fan of the foldable Ebco saw horses. Menards marks them down to ten bucks a few times a year. I think I currently have 15 or so. If it wasn't for us setting them up in the mud often, I am sure they would last a lot longer. As it is, I probably get about two years out of each set.

·
Perfectionist
618 Posts
Wow! You finish guys really like the expensive horses. I am still a huge fan of the foldable Ebco saw horses. Menards marks them down to ten bucks a few times a year. I think I currently have 15 or so. If it wasn't for us setting them up in the mud often, I am sure they would last a lot longer. As it is, I probably get about two years out of each set.
X2 on the Ebco sawhorses

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have a few sets of the Lowes Blue Hawk's. They are made by Stanley in the USA. Not that fancy. I have put large commercial doors on them thinking they might collapse.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts